(HealthDay News) — A first-aid kit can help you after an injury or in an emergency. So keeping a first-aid kit in both your car and home is good practice, says Mayo Clinic.
Mayo mentions these must-have items for a first-aid kit:
- A comprehensive first-aid manual.
- Adhesive tape, gauze, elastic bandages and other bandage strips.
- Cotton balls, surgical gloves and tweezers.
- Ointments, gels and lotions.
- Antiseptic solution, eyewash solution and hydrogen peroxide.
- Basic medications, such as a pain reliever, laxative and antihistamine.
Mayo Clinic also recommends keeping emergency phone numbers and medical history forms for each family member inside the kit.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.