(HealthDay News) — Makeup can be a great way to freshen your look. But if you’re not careful, makeup can irritate your skin and eyes, says Aurora Health Care.
It offers these skin-safe makeup guidelines:
- Toss your mascara after three months and liquid products after six months.
- Never use makeup that smells or changes in color or texture.
- Look for face products that include zinc oxide and have a 30 SPF rating or higher.
- Check the Breast Cancer Fund’s list of chemicals to avoid ingredients with cancer risks.
- Always take makeup off before you go to bed.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.