Health Tip: Paint Exposure First Aid

By on May 7, 2019

(HealthDay News) — From acrylic to oil-based, most paints for indoor use are safe to use. But paint users should be aware of first aid for paint exposure, says the National Capital Poison Center.

Poison Control suggests:

  • Wash paint from the skin with soap and water.
  • If paint gets into the eyes, rinse with running water for 15-20 minutes.
  • If someone swallows paint, give a small amount of water or milk to drink.Then contact poison control.
  • Watch for nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
  • If someone inhales paint fumes and feels sick, immediately get fresh air. Call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

​