(HealthDay News) — If jewelry causes your skin to itch, you may be allergic to nickel, says Winchester Hospital. Nickel is a silvery-white metal that is used to make a range of products, including zippers, buttons and costume jewelry.
Winchester Hospital recommends these solutions:
- Stick to sterling silver or 14-karat gold.
- Wear stainless steel or hypo-allergenic jewelry.
- Keep the area dry where your skin touches the metal.
- Wear a layer of protective moisturizing cream.
- Wear your jewelry less often.
Copyright © 2023 HealthDay. All rights reserved.