Health Tip: If You Use a Food Vending Machine
(HealthDay News) — When a craving hits and you absolutely need a snack, you may turn to a vending machine to quiet your growling belly.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests these healthier vending machine options:
- Pretzels, trail mix, almonds or peanuts.
- Low-fat or fat-free popcorn.
- Cheese- or peanut butter-filled whole wheat crackers.
- Cereal bars or granola made with whole grains.
- Dried cranberries, apricots or raisins.
- Animal crackers or graham crackers.
- 100 percent vegetable juice or 100 percent fruit juice.